Thursday, November 18, 2010

Manufacturing Concenpt without Trash

McDonough's premise is the changing the product cycle without trash. Since people start producting goods and services, the premise for manufactuing is cradle to graveyard. And what he suggest is the approarch that produces any trashes in manufacturing process. Creating the process "cladle to cladle", and this is the way to have sustainable environment. He also mentions about wrong definition of "sustainable development" again and again. What he mean was that sustainable development does not mean saving resources, keep staffs using in long term, or being environmental freiendly, rather than it means developmental, growth, and fluid which indicates establishing a recycling based eco system. I was really impressed by his thought and this cladle to cladle concept, and I really like it (we should proud of having a SIS building with his design!).


In my experience, I think I'm still in behind when I observe my ebehavior. As a consumer perspective, I try to buy clothing at second hand shop, or donate my old clothing. Regarding to using energy, I try to save energy by turing lights off, using less air conditioner, but still I know it's not enought to change our environmental situation. I think he gave me a huge impact of the idea of cladle to cladle as consumers for the next decade. Thinking to buy the stuff which is enable to recycle, whether manufacturing process is safe and non-poisoness materials. 2 weeks ago, I had to go to see a doctor because when I was washing dishes, in accident dish detergent get into my eye. It was so painful, and hurts last few days.. And before go to see a docter I checked what kind of things in dish detergent.. Also that was the first time to think what I was using for dish detergent..... I have been using for long long time. Until this happen, I did not know about it at all and even did not care about it. I think this happening taught me about what kind poison I use everyday and how it hurts me and my health from in my daily life. Also I have to face my lack careness and knowledge for environment in daily life. Now, I am going to find a new dish detergent which contains non poisonesss and very close to natural materials!

No comments:

Post a Comment